Terms & Conditions
1. Use of personal information
2. Community guidelines
like any community, functions best when its people follow a few simple rules. by accessing and/or using the site, you hereby agree to comply with these community rules and that:
◦ you will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the site and will not use the site for any unlawful purpose;
◦ you will not access or use the site to collect any market research for a competing business;
◦ you will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
◦ infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
◦ is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes violence; or
◦ discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
◦ you will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
◦ you will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
◦ you will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the site;
◦ you will not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the protections in the site;
◦ you will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the site, directly or indirectly, except for internet search engines (e.g., google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file;
◦ you will not use, frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose any independent media’ trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including the images found on the site, the content of any text, or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without independent media’ express written consent;
◦ you will not use meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing independent media’ name, trademark, or product name without independent media’ express written consent;
◦ you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
◦ you will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means; and
◦ if you find something that violates our community guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
we reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the site, or any portion of the site, without notice, and to remove any comments that do not adhere to these guidelines.
3. Intellectual property
The site contain materials, such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other materials provided by or on behalf of independent media (collectively referred to as the “content”). the content may be owned by us or by third parties.
The content is protected under both united states and foreign laws. unauthorized use of the content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. you have no rights in or to the content, and you will not use the content except as permitted under this agreement. no other use is permitted without prior written consent from us. you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original content on any copy you make of the content. you may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. the use or posting of the content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
4. User content
The site may allow you to post and upload content, including but not limited to, comments and reviews (collectively, “user content”). you expressly acknowledge and agree that once you submit your user content for inclusion into the site, it will be accessible by others, and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to such user content, including, without limitation, any personally identifying information that you may make available. you, and not independent media, are entirely responsible for all your user content that you upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit via the site.
you retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your own user content. you do, however, hereby grant us and our sublicensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, freely sublicensable, perpetual license to modify, compile, combine with other content, copy, record, synchronize, transmit, translate, format, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use or exploit (including for profit) your user content and all intellectual property and moral rights therein throughout the universe, in each case, by or in any means, methods, media, or technology now known or hereafter devised.
if you submit user content to us, each such submission constitutes a representation and warranty to independent media that such user content is your original creation (or that you otherwise have the right to provide the user content), that you have the rights necessary to grant the license to the user content under the prior paragraph, and that it and its use by independent media and its content partners as permitted by this agreement does not and will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property or moral rights of any person or contain any libelous, defamatory, or obscene material or content that violates our community guidelines.
5. Communications with us
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. with respect to all e-mails you send to us, including but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
6. No warranties/limitation of liability
You acknowledge that although the site and the content contained therein can be used as aids to make informed decisions, the site and the content contained therein are solely educational and informational in nature and are not meant to be substitutes for legal, business, or medical advice or exercise of your own judgment. any such decisions or judgments are made at your sole discretion and election.
The site and the content are provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranties of any kind, including that the site or content will operate error-free or that the site, its servers, or the content are free of computer viruses or similar contamination or destructive features.
we disclaim all warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose and any warranties arising from a course of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade. in connection with any warranty, contract, or common law tort claims: (i) we and our licensors shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from the use or inability to access and use the site or the content, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages; and (ii) any direct damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of the site or the content shall be limited to one hundred dollars ($100).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. therefore, some of the above limitations on warranties in this section may not apply to you.
the site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors or omissions. unless required by applicable laws, we are not responsible for any such typographical or technical errors listed on the site. we reserve the right to make changes, corrections, and/or improvements to the site and/or add or remove content at any time without notice.
7. External sites
The site may contain links to third-party websites (“external sites”). these links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such external sites. the content of such external sites is developed and provided by others. you should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such external sites. we are not responsible for the content of any linked external sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such external sites. you should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. if you decide to access linked external sites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees and assigns harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this agreement; (ii) your misuse of the content, or the site; and/or (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right.
9. Compliance with applicable laws
The site is based in the united states. we make no claims concerning whether the content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the united states. if you access the site, or the content from outside of the united states, you do so at your own risk. whether inside or outside of the united states, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
10. Termination of the agreement
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this agreement and your access to all or any part of the site, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. we reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the site at any time without prior notice or liability.
Copyright 2018 Shut Up and Go. All rights reserved.