We all know the feeling. You’ve been looking forward to this trip for MONTHS. You’ve been counting down the days, booking the flights, sending this article to the friends whose places you want to crash at, and working every hour to save every dollar. Now your trip is only a couple of days away, and suddenly the nerves come in. Even though you’ve planned more than you can possibly do, you still don’t feel ready. At some point, the question comes in “what in the world did I sign up for?” This thought is multiplied by the number of days your trip is, and the more solo your trip is. But, my dear friends, if that question comes into your head, then you’re definitely on the right track.
Symptoms of Pre-Travel Jitters:
- Packing and repacking constantly
- Staring at the Google Map of your destination for hours on end
- Mentioning your trip in every. single. conversation (Super annoying. Guilty.)
- Wondering why you made your trip so long
- Reviewing your budget 5349 times
- Checking your flight route and date 100 times to make sure you didn’t book the wrong day
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, congratulations, you have the Pre-Travel Jitters! No worries, this is curable, all you need to do is SHUT UP AND GO.
It’s that simple. All you need to do is Shut Up and Go.
I get the Pre-Travel jitters every damn time. Add the fear of flying to it, and you can just tell my stomach stops functioning two working days before a trip. But, every single time it pays off. As cheesy as it is, every time you face that fear and step onto the plane, you grow 100x more as a person.